Choose from our available pipe cement and primer for PVC and CPVC applications for sale at low prices online. Plumbing primer and cement (pipe glue, joint glue, valve cement) is used to prepare, connect and seal together individual pipes, fittings and valves. We offer Spears Manufacturing® brand products that are made in the USA and provide industry leading quality, reliability and certification standards. Our cement and primer products are ideal and safe for use in applications involving chemicals, ingredients, potable water (PW, drinking water), turf maintenance, irrigation, sprinkler systems, pools, spas, aquariums, industrial uses, drain waste vent (DWV) uses and sewer (SW) based uses. We offer low smell, low VOC PVC and CPVC cement (low volatile organic chemical) that is certified to ASTM D2564, NSF / ANSI 61, the Uniform Plumbing Code and is SCAQMD compliant acceptable for US Green Building Council and LEED compliance credit. PVC cement is intended for use on PVC pipe and fittings only. PVC cement cannot be used for CPVC pipe, but CPVC cement can be used for PVC pipe in addition to CPVC. However, pipe cements are best used for the pipe material on the product label.
We offer heavy bodied PVC / CPVC cements that offer longer working times for jobs. CPVC cement is recommended for use in PVC industrial piping systems for chemical applications and is the best choice for both PVC and CPVC fume and air duct systems. Available Spears® pipe glue includes PVC 11, PVC 17, PVC 19 and CPVC 24 in quart and gallon sizes.
- PVC 11 is a heavy body gray, medium set glue good for warm temperatures and all pipe classes and schedules up to 12" in size.
- PVC 17 is heavy body clear or gray cement ideal for plumbing, industrial, pool, irrigation and electrical piping systems and suited for all pipe classes and schedules up to 12" as well as non pressure up to 18".
- PVC 19 is our extra heavy body cement in white and gray that is ideal for large diameter piping systems up to 30", high gap filling requirements as well as all pipe classes and schedules.
- CPVC 24 is a heavy body orange or gray CPVC cement. CPVC 24 is a high strength, chemical resistant solvent cement for use with CPVC piping systems suitable for those carrying acids, bases, salts, and sodium hypochlorite. CPVC 24 is ideal for use in waste water plants.
Primers are made for use either with PVC or CPVC as labeled on the product can. Available primers are manufactured to meet NSF, ASTM F656 and UP (purple only) standards. Our pipe primers can be used on PVC products and CPVC products. Primer is essential to properly soften and prepare PVC and CPVC surfaces prior to gluing. Available Spears® primers include clear primer and purple primer in Primer 68 and Primer 70 types in quart size and gallon size cans. Choose from either clear or purple color primers to allow identification of the primer used in installation.
- Primer 68 is our basic, standard primer good for use on PVC / CPVC plumbing systems and recommended for schedule 40 pipe.
- Primer 70 is our premium, industrial duty primer recommended for schedule 80 pipe, high PSI systems and large diameter pipes. Primer 70 is ideal for applications in cold weather conditions.
All PVC cement cans come with dauber. Replacement / additional cement daubers are available for purchase at 3/4 inch and 1 1/4 inches. For proper solvent cement welding, the applicator is recommended to be at least half the size of the pipe.
Spears® brand PVC cement has a recommended shelf life of 3 years. Spears CPVC cement has a recommended shelf life of 2 years. All primers have a recommended shelf life of 3 years. For recommended dry times and temperatures, see our Pipe Cement Set Times and Cure Times charts.