Eaton® professional basket strainers for high performance inline plumbing filtration available for sale online at competitive pricing and discounts from PVC Pipe Supplies. We are a leading distributor of Eaton® brand industrial grade basket strainers in both simplex and duplex models. Basket strainers are used to remove contaminant solids and particles from a process system pipeline. They are engineered exclusively for cleaning plumbing fluid as it flows through a filter screen within the basket strainer. Basket strainers are used to protect downstream system plumbing and equipment from unwanted materials such as dirt, debris, rust, scale, sediment, undissolved compounds or chemicals. If left unfiltered, these materials can cause clogs or dirtiness leading to extra maintenance, undesired mixing, harmful chemical reactions or direct damage to important, sensitive and/or expensive system equipment. Eaton® simplex and duplex basket strainers when installed in plumbing lines can effectively prevent these scenarios. Eaton® simplex strainers are ideal for in-loop pipelines or process systems that can be temporarily shut down for maintenance. Eaton® duplex strainers are ideal for work applications that cannot be shut down for maintenance and continuous, uninterrupted flow is required.
Eaton® brand basket strainers are manufactured in the USA by Eaton Industries, Inc.® using domestic-sourced materials. Eaton® is a globally recognized leading manufacturer of high quality filtration products, parts, systems and service with over 50 years engineering experience and expertise. Eaton® model strainers meet ISO 9001 : 2008 production codes and service standards for applications with top tier quality requirements. Eaton® metal alloy pipeline strainers are fabricated from cast iron, bronze, carbon steel or stainless steel. All Eaton® basket strainers are certified by the American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) for use in maritime applications. They are engineered to meet or exceed the needs of utility companies, manufacturing plants and product processing industries, such as those in automotive, marine, chemicals, oil, gas, biofuel, metal and ore refining, pulp and paper production, paint and coating fabrication, food, beverage, pharmaceutics, municipal water, wastewater, electronics and electrical power generation.
All Eaton® strainers have the option for a filtration basket in perforation or mesh style engineering. Both basket options are made from 316 grade stainless steel. Different metal options are available on request to suit specialty plumbing applications. Baskets feature a staggered pore pattern that adds extra durability, more open filtration area and increased system pressure balance. Perforation style baskets are ideal for filtering larger, more coarse materials from the plumbing media. Perforation sizes range from 1/32" (793 microns) up to 1/2" (12,700 microns) in pore opening width. Mesh style filter screens are ideal for filtering fine particles and undissolved compounds. Mesh sizes range from 20 mesh up to 400 mesh. Mesh screen width decreases as mesh sizes increase. Size 400 is the most fine and has the smallest opening width of 38 microns (0.0015 inches). Size 20 is the least fine with the largest opening width of 864 microns (0.034 inches). Perforation basket and mesh screen options vary by Eaton® strainer model.
Important features and specifications are outlined below based on available Eaton® strainer models:
- Model 72 Eaton® simplex strainer – a longtime industry standard for simplex strainers. The Model 72 offers well rounded performance ability, an increased basket size, lasting operation and reliability. The Model 72 comes in bronze, cast iron, carbon steel and stainless steel. Connections are either threaded or flanged style. Plumbing sizes range from 3/8" up to 8" in diameter. Strainer baskets are available perforated in sizes from 1/32" to 1/2" or mesh sizes from 20 to 400. Seals are Buna-N or Viton standard, with EPDM, PTFE options available.
- Model 73 Eaton® simplex strainer – a heavy duty work choice for applications with high flow rates, tight installation areas and sensitivity to pressure fluctuations. The Model 73 simplex basket strainer comes with the largest diameter inlet and outlet options among simplex strainers. It is engineered with a low profile, compact, straight flow design that is versatile and easy to integrate. The Model 73 comes in cast iron with bronze available for request. Connections are flanged style only. Plumbing sizes range from 10" up to 18" in diameter. Strainer baskets are available perforated in sizes from 1/32" to 1/2" or mesh in size 20, size 40 or size 60. Seals are Buna-N standard.
- Model 50 Eaton® duplex strainer – an industry standard double basket strainer suited for a wide range of work applications. The Model 50 offers cost effective quality with large capacity screens and the dependable, durable performance of Eaton® metal and engineering. The Model 50 comes in bronze, cast iron, carbon steel or stainless steel. Connections are flange type installation only. Plumbing sizes come in 5", 6" and 8" diameters. Strainer baskets are available perforated in sizes from 1/32" to 1/2" or mesh in sizes from 20 to 400. Seals are Buna-N, with Viton on stainless steel models. EPDM or encapsulated PTFE options are available.
- Model 52 Eaton® duplex strainer – a heavy duty duplex strainer with wide inlet and high flow capacity for handling large fluid volume work applications. The Model 52 is engineered to handle significant flow volumes of 2,000 GPM and above, ideal for heavy throughput filtration scenarios involving larger particles. The Model 52 comes in cast iron only with bronze available for request. Connections are flange type only. Plumbing sizes come in 10", 12", 14", 16" and 18" diameters. Strainer baskets are available perforated in sizes from 1/32" to 1/2" or mesh in size 20, size 40 or size 60. Seals are Buna-N standard.
- Model 53 BTX Eaton® duplex strainer – a low profile, compact double basket strainer for installation in locations too tight for other duplex strainers yet retaining full size filtration and controlled pressure. The Model 53BTX is designed with smaller inlet and outlet plumbing to provide a filtration solution that is more cost effective and lightweight. The Model 53BTX comes in cast iron, bronze, carbon steel or stainless steel. Connections are either flanged or threaded style. Plumbing sizes range from 3/4" up to 4" in diameter. Strainer baskets are available perforated in sizes from 1/32" to 1/2" or mesh sizes from 20 to 400. Seals are Buna-N standard with Teflon® material seats.
When selecting a basket screen style or size in perforation or mesh, a general rule of thumb is to select a strainer size slightly smaller than the smallest particle anticipated within the system to capture. Increasing size values of perforation style baskets indicates a greater flow area width better suited for larger particles. Increasing values on mesh style baskets indicates more wire per inch and therefore a smaller pore width better suited for smaller, more fine particles. To request different materials or components for Eaton® strainers, contact us.